For a complete list, check out our latest special report here. In the meantime, here’s Doug’s top three international ETFs to watch:
- VNQI – Vanguard Global Real Estate ETF – Like an international REIT, with no U.S. exposure, and yielding 11.75% as of right now. Big-yield play, and one that’s worth putting on your watch-list.
- STIV – Globex Super dividend ETF – Yield paid monthly of 6.4%. It is right below 200-day average right now, but look for buying opportunity soon.
- EMLC – Emerging markets dividend ETF – Yield 5.6%, if we have a global recovery and commodities rally in 2014, this will be a good ETF to watch.
Three reasons to put International Dividends on your watch-list in 2014:
- Most investors have U.S.-centric portfolio, and you need diversification in order to succeed in your investing.
- Much higher yields internationally than U.S.
- Potential of out-performance of international equities over the U.S., and if we have a recovering global economy, those equities are likely to do quite well.
If you have any questions or concerns about how to use international dividends in your portfolio, please check out the latest special report, and call our offices at 800-3901-1118 for a free personalized investing consultation.
2014 is going to be a very interesting year. One way to navigate this year is to look at our ETF reports as an investing resource, a “yellow pages” of Exchange Traded Funds for your review.
Also, here are three areas Doug is paying particular attention to this year:
- International and international dividends
These areas are all going to be key areas for the next year of investing, so keep an eye on these factors as you work on your portfolio.
Today, Doug will be recording a new teleconference. In the past, Doug has offered listeners a chance to listen live, but we found that most people listened later instead.
So this year, we’re going to record on teleconferences and then send an email out with the handout and further details. Our investing outlook and strategies for 2014 will be discussed in today’s teleconference, so stay tuned for that email, or see more details here.
Our goal with our podcast is to give you a succinct view of what happened in the last week in the markets and give you a new view of whats happening in the markets.
We also want to give you investing ideas and strategies that you can use well in your portfolio. Stay up-to-date on what we’re doing and how we’re putting our clients’ money to work.
- Doug is returning to traditional radio in Palm Springs on AM 1200 in 2014. You can also listen at Moneyradio1200.com at 11 a.m. Pacific every Monday. Doug will discuss investing ideas, strategies and news.
- Next teleconference will be recorded on Tuesday, January 14 with a handout, and we’ll send an email to our entire investor base with the details. Our investing outlook and strategies for 2014 will be discussed.
- Two new ETF reports are up, so please check them out here.
Our new report highlights Doug’s favorite international dividend ETFs. Download it below, or click here to see it.
If you have any questions or concerns about how to use these ETFs in your portfolio, please give us a call at 800-391-1118.
Fabian Inter Div ETF
We are closely watching the emerging markets and China, as they are very affected by interest rate fluctuations here in the U.S. and around the world. Remember that almost every country in the world is engaging in deficit spending, so it’s important to watch what happens as interest rates rise over time.
If you have any questions about the information in this video, don’t hesitate to email askdoug(at)dougfabian(dot)com.
Thanks for tuning in.
As of 12/31/2013, we have a new ETF report available to you. Please take the time to download it here, and, as always, please feel free to ask any questions by emailing askdoug(at)dougfabian(dot)com or calling 800-391-1118.
Enjoy the report and Happy New Year!
Fabian ETF Report 123113
There is still risk out there, but since it’s been almost two years since we had a 10% correction in the U.S. stock markets, it’s easy to get complacent and think that risk is not a factor. Don’t forget to pay attention to trends as we move forward in 2014, and keep an open mind about the risk factor in the markets.
We encourage you to watch these “emerging markets”:
Use caution as we move forward to the next year of investing, and please be sure to call us if you have any questions about your portfolio: 800-391-1118.
Happy New Year!
Giving a child or grandchild knowledge is even more valuable than money. Young adults need to be prepared to invest for themselves and their retirement, and they need more than just assets, they need experience, knowledge, wisdom and savvy from us as we help them prepare for their lives to come. Here’s a great resource for a young person in your life, as the global economy changes:
China is the second largest economy in the world – some economists are projecting that China will surpass the U.S. economy soon. This ETF only has the largest 25 stocks from China (basically the Dow-Jones industrial of China).
Most of this is in the Chinese banking and financial services companies, but also includes telecom, oil and gas, technology and etc. This Exchange Traded Fund is a little more expensive to own then some of the others in this series, but over the next 20 years, young people need to have an investment in China as the world changes and the landscape of investing changes.
Leaving a legacy is important. Get your children or grandchildren involved in the investing process with low expense and great diversification – and China might be a great start for your kids.